Business Unit Leader, Systems Business, (Milpitas, CA)
Memsic is a rapidly growing Mems sensor and systems solutions provider and we are actively recruiting for a Technical Business Unit Leader- Inertial Systems to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving and demanding environment you will be an excellent fit in our organization.
Manages the alignment of assigned customer’s technology road map and Memsic’s Technology road map. Capable of selling Memsic’s value proposition globally; Develop and grow business through profitable design wins and flawless execution. Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide single-point-of-contact to customer for all design-related activities. Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedules. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering very highly complex technology projects; This includes developing complex SOW, business proposals, project schedules/financials, and managing multiple global projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures Memsic’s integration into customer’s technology roadmap
2. Technical expert on customer’s products and technology
3. Technically develops, manages and delivers very highly complex technology projects including developing complex detailed Statements of Work (SOW), business proposals, project schedules/financials and managing multiple global projects
4. Present and sell Memsic’s Technology to assigned customer or program. Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level engineers
5. Act as the main escalation point between Memsic R&D Center and the mass-production BU in China
6. Serves as primary contact relationship owner with the customer’s design/central engineering group and supports all of their technical projects. Functions as the point of contact in technical questions between Memsic and the customer
7. Establishes strategic direction for Memsic Design and Product Development teams
8. Serves as primary point of contact for early supplier involvement on new customer R & D projects
9. Knows and understands the assigned Business Unit (BU)’s strategic directions. Identifies BU’s strategic and technical direction
10. Utilizes tools to monitor cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
11. Manages Memsic R&D and Design forecast and process
12. Manages BU Global technical team
13. Manages Memsic development operations for a particular customer
14. Will have P&L responsibility
15. May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Responsibility for full life-cycle development of complex, high-speed hardware and software designs serving multiple markets, including inertial navigation systems using accelerometers and gyro sensors as well as embedded computing using ARM processors. The successful candidate will be a a “hands on” manager who is proficient in leading a team in the integration of inertial sensors, modules and embedded software to develop a subsystem inertial navigation solution for commercial aircraft applications. Must have a proven track record of successfully completing projects.
The Business Unit Leader must be a strong technical leader and able to assign projects based on skill sets and availability, provide long range planning, manage cost and timing delivery, and juggle work priorities among full time and contract personnel.
Education & Experience Requirements
Masters Degree in Electric Engineering or Physics or related technical field
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
Plus 15+ years work-related experience required, preferably in Engineering or Technology fields (i.e. R & D, product design/development, road map processes, etc.)
Senior MEMS Designer (Andover MA)
Education / training: BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, or Mechanical Engineering plus 10+ plus years of experience designing, developing and producing MEMS sensors in a high volume manufacturing environment.
• Experience in the design of MEMS sensors, including mechanical function, electronic interface considerations, fabrication process compatibility, and packaging.
• Will work with a cross-functional team to develop next generation MEMS sensors for consumer, industrial, and automotive applications.
• An important attribute is quality of work and attention to detail.
• A broad mix of engineering and physics knowledge.
• Knowledge of silicon wafer processes.
• Knowledge of MEMS device tests and characterization.
• Knowledge of inertial sensors.
• Explore MEMS foundry processes and design sensors that are compatible and efficient with the processes.
• Electro-Mechanical modeling and analysis of sensors using ANSYS and SolidWorks, including mechanical frequencies, spring constants, capacitances, and thermal effects.
• Layout of process masks using L-Edit.
• Work with ASIC design team to define and optimize product performance.
• Work with manufacturing and test teams to improve product throughput and reliability.
• Knowledge of computer software MEMS Pro and MatLab.
• Experience with inertial shakers and shock test equipment.
• Knowledge of magnetic sensors.
• Experience with wafer probe stations.
• Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
• Process development and optimization with external and internal teams.
• Packaging design and development with external and internal teams.
• Opportunity for travel, both domestic and international (Asia and Europe).
Algorithm Software Engineer (Andover, MA)
Memsic’s sensors and inertial systems have been used in a variety of applications, such as consumer mobile devices, automobile and aviation. Memsic is looking for an experienced and talented Algorithm Software Engineer to invent novel and refine existing multiple sensor fusion algorithm software. The ideal candidate will be strong in modeling, development, simulation, evaluation, validation, and visualization of these algorithms, as well as software implementation, for sensor fusion. Relevant previous algorithm experience may include but are not limited to: digital signal processing, magnetometer and inertial sensor (accelerometer and gyro) data processing, GPS, image stabilization, and location based service. The successful candidate will be joining a team that is committed to providing advanced algorithm software modules for Memsic’s sensor applications and inertial systems.
● Love math algorithms
● Proficient in digital signal processing, statistics, least squares, Kalman filtering and optimal estimation
● Expert level in Matlab/Simulink
● Proficient in C/C++ programming
● Ability to communicate effectively with and collaborate with other engineers across all company sites including our sensor, hardware, and application engineering teams
● Ability to do multi-task and work well in a team environment
● Ability to work independently
● Experienced in developing embedded algorithm code for navigation systems
● Experienced in developing algorithm code for mobile consumer platforms, such as Android
● Previous algorithm development involving gyroscopes, magnetometers, accelerometers, and GPS
Required Education and Experience
● Master degrees in Electrical Engineering (or related field) with 2 years related experience
● PhD in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
Applications Engineer (Andover, MA)
Basic Functions and Scope
Develop, prototype, document and characterize application solutions using Memsic components and core technologies combined with other components and self generated embedded software. Write Whitepapers and Application notes to enable potential customers to quickly implement solutions using Memsic components.
• Angular Position Sensing using Anisotropic Magneto Resistive (AMR) Sensors
• Linear Position Sensing using AMR
• Motor Control using AMR
• High Accuracy Inclination Sensing using accelerometers
Must be able to work independently to resolve problems and have excellent technical knowledge. Excellent verbal and written communication skill are required as this position will require direct customer interaction.
40% - Develop Sensing Solutions for New Applications using Memsic Core Technologies
20% - Assist New Customers with implementing Memsic HW/SW in their designs
20% - Publish Whitepapers / Applications notes on Sensing Solutions using Memsic products
20% - Verify New Product Performance and Functionality
• Electronic Circuit Design and Test
• Embedded SW Development in C or C++ and Assembly
• Test and Measurement Automation
• Statistical Analysis
• PCB Layout
• Visual Basic
• National Instruments Lab view
• Wafer Probing
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum BSEE or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in embedded design
Product Line Manager, Magnetic Sensors (Andover, MA)
This is a position for a hard-driving marketing engineer who will lead the efforts of MEMSIC to proliferate our AMR magnetic sensor technology into new market and application areas. This person needs to be very technical, and also needs to be able to get things done in a matrix organization. The mission is to grow the revenue and profitability for your product line.
Understand the TAM and SAM for magnetic sensors
Understand the competitive landscape, and our competitive strengths and weaknesses
Define target markets and product roadmaps
Lead the evaluation and selection of new products for development
Create “Product Business Plans” for new products which identify why they justify resources and investment (quantify revenue, gross margin, investment, target markets/customers, and how/why we can win).
Interface with customers and application engineers to ensure competitive, differentiated product definitions
Coordinate internally with R&D, engineering, and applications teams to track new products through the development phase. Highlight and escalate problems and delays, take corrective action as required to keep products on track.
Create “Go to Market” plans for new products.
Lead the generation of datasheet, evaluation kits, and other important collateral for new products
Identify the target markets and customers for new products, provide guidance to sales and FAE team, drive the new product design win process.
Coordinate the transition to mass production. Generate and maintain long range forecasts for products, and work with manufacturing and sales to ensure acceptable inventory levels and leadtimes.
Support the products through the entire life cycle, to address and resolve any problems in manufacturing, quality, reliability, or cost.
Engineering background (BSEE or higher), plus at least 7 years work experience in an engineering or marketing capacity
Passionnate, persistent, desire to compete and win
Enjoys being part of a team, wants to lead and drive
Some travel required (<25%)
Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
Past experience with sensors is a plus
Electronics Engineer (Milpitas, CA)
This individual will be responsible for designing low power mixed signal printed circuit boards. Most designs will involve micro-controllers, filter design and some power supply design. Individual will be responsible for system hardware from design to manufacturing hand off.
Will have input to engineering requirements document and will implement the final document in hardware and test fixtures. Will perform parts selection, system design and participate in PCB layout. Must have excellent debug skills at both the system and board level. New sensor performance evaluation will be a part of the job as well as the evaluation of manufacturing quality and process problems. Some travel required and must interact with overseas software design and manufacturing groups.
B.S. in EE required, M.S. in EE a plus
7-10 years’ experience required
Must be experienced with schematic capture and printed circuit layout software, Orcad, Pads, or Altium
Must be experienced with Spice simulation software and be familiar with Matlab
Must have digital electronics (embedded processor) design experience
Must have analog electronics design experience including filter design and switching power supply design
Some experience with C programing is a plus
Low noise and low power system design experience is a plus.
Senior Magnetic Engineer (Andover, MA)
Senior Magnetics Engineer /Physicist. Will be developing cutting edge technology in the area of magnetic sensor design. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in magnetic technology, including magnetic sensor design, calculation, simulation, characterization, process development; Real world experience with high volume production is a plus. This position provides high potential career growth with opportunity to work with international teams on both development and manufacturing.
Will lead a cross-functional team to develop next generation magnetic sensors for both consumer and industry applications
MSEE or PhD preferred
Minimum 10 years experience with Magnetic Sensor design
Must have experience designing, developing and producing a real product for high volume manufacturing
New Product Development Leader - Gas Flow Sensor Product (Andover, MA)
Senior, hands-on engineering manager to lead the development of system products based on our proprietary MEMS flow sensor, with the potential to expand into additional system-level product areas. This position will be responsible for the planning and execution of new product development, as well as leading quality improvements, cost reductions, failure analysis, and sustaining engineering. This challenging and exciting role will need to coordinate multiple engineering disciplines, including fluid dynamics, mechanical design, sensor design, mixed signal electrical design and PCB layout, microcontroller selection/programming, software/algorithm development, and production test development.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Interface with marketing/product management to define technology and product roadmaps, and write target specifications for new products.
- Create project plans, and negotiate with marketing/product management to agree on specifications, timeline and cost structure for new products.
- Lead the engineering team in the successful execution of new products. Ability to contribute directly to project tasks, while simultaneously guiding the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (including fluid dynamics, mechanical design, electrical design, sensor design, embedded system design, software/algorithm development, and production test development. Establish and ensure a rigorous New Product Development Process.
- Work with manufacturing team to ensure the successful transition from engineering to production.
- Support the products through the entire life cycle, to address and resolve any problems in manufacturing, quality, reliability, or cost.
- Maintain an awareness of probable future product requirements and product trends with regard to advancing technology. Understands regulatory requirements which affect design and manufacture of product.
- Serves as an example of engineering excellence. Applies technical rigor in problem solving and analysis. Be a strong team leader and mentor, and build a world class team.
10+ years experience, with proven track record and demonstrated ability to lead complex multi-disciplinary projects to successful market introduction.
Hands-on engineer, able to be a part of the execution as well as leading the team
Past experience with embedded systems (including microcontroller selection and programming)
Past experience in sensor-based systems
Strong knowledge of fundamentals, and familiarity with advanced analytical modeling techniques.
Advanced engineering degree (MSME, MSEE or PhD preferred)
Experience in flow sensor design and development is a plus
Experience with CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred) and simulation tools (Fluent preferred).
Experience in the semiconductor and MEMS devices a major plus.
Strong technical communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills.
Excellent inter-personal relationship skills.
Occasional travel will be required to visit suppliers or contract manufacturers, interact with MEMSIC sites worldwide, and visit key customers.
Senior Analog IC ASIC Designer
We are seeking an experienced Analog IC Design Engineer to develop cutting edge integrated circuit for advanced MEMS based sensors.
• Develop full custom integrated analog/mixed signal sensor readout and control circuit.
• Conduct both system level (Matlab, MathCAD) and circuit level simulation (Verilog, Spice).
• Develop ultra-low power low voltage analog circuit.
• Work with MEMS designer on new product initiatives and definition.
• Validation of new IC process for new product design. Requirements:
• CMOS mixed signal design experience
• High performance and low power analog IC circuit design experience
• 7+ years of product design experiences in an IC company
• BS Electrical Engineering MSEE preferred
• Experience in sensor industry or MEMS technology is a plus